Parameter Introduces Solution for Tobacco Testing
Complete room and conditioner reduces drafts for smoking machine operations
BLACK MOUNTAIN, N.C. – Parameter Generation & Control, working in partnership with Cerulean, has introduced a new draft-free room and conditioner for use in tobacco, metrology and other studies.
The new room and conditioner offer a special supply duct distribution system that allows for a full ceiling supply and returns near the floor — a design that provides uniform air flow at a velocity slow enough not to cause disruptive drafts.
Such equipment primarily is used for cigarette smoke studies with clients ranging from cigarette manufacturers and contract laboratories to governmental and nonprofit health organizations studying the effects of tobacco use, said Clay Hile, president and CEO.
“Rooms and conditioners used for tobacco studies must be precise, because environmental conditions such as drafts, temperature and humidity are critical and play significant roles in burn rates and other data,” he said. “And while tobacco studies represent a clear market for our new equipment, other research — such as metrology studies — also would benefit from a draft-free environment.”
Parameter Generation & Control has partnered with Cerulean to bring to the international market a complete room conditioner solution and instrumentation for the generation and collection of cigarette smoke. Cerulean, headquartered in England, has provided precision test and measuring equipment and packaging products to industries worldwide for more than 30 years.
Specifications of the new conditioner include:
- Single point temperature control constancy of ±0.2°C and ±0.5% RH.
- Air-cooled or water-cooled internal refrigeration system.
- Unit designed to handle up to 47 liters per second (100 CFM) of preconditioned make-up air to replace exhaust per smoking machine.
- Digital, high-grade, thin-film, temperature-compensated temperature and Rh sensor/transmitter.
- Parameter’s SmartPad controller package.
- Safety devices that include over-temperature safety switch, high and low refrigeration pressure switch and low water cutoff.
- Available in both 50 and 60 Hz units.
Specifications for these rooms and distribution systems include:
- Self-closing door with frame window and keyed with safety latch.
- Room equipped with perforated stainless panels to provide uniform ceiling supply with low return ducts behind smoking machine(s).
- Internal LED lighting.
- Room panels constructed of four-inch, foamed-in-place urethane insulation for the walls and ceiling.
Parameter Generation & Control is an internationally respected innovator and manufacturer of precise stability storage products, and a provider of contract stability storage. Renowned for their dependability, Parameter products continually surpass industry expectations with technologically advanced energy conservation. The company manufactures temperature- and humidity-controlled chambers, rooms, conditioners and large-capacity laboratory baths for pharmaceutical, electronic, semiconductor, packaging, paper and textile clients worldwide.
In addition to manufacturing individual units for sale, Parameter leases off-site stability storage rooms and chambers that are fully validated to meet strict temperature, humidity and uniformity controls. Chambers and rooms are monitored 24/7 and are both current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) compliant.
Parameter supports the superior craftsmanship of its products with readily accessible and knowledgeable customer-service experts. The company is headquartered in Black Mountain, N.C., and offers stability storage facilities close to the Research Triangle Park. Learn more about Parameter products and stability storage services online.
For more than 30 years, Cerulean has been synonymous with supplying precision test and measuring equipment and packaging solutions. Visit the company’s website to learn more.